Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Manchester Arms


http://www.themanchesterarms.com/images/mainbar.jpg


















I grew up in College Park and passed by this house many times through the years.  Then one day I drove past and saw the sign.  I did a double take and drove back past it to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing!  I called my mom and asked had she been there.  Oh yes!  Really mom?  Really?

The next day my sweet mother invited me to lunch at none other than The Manchester Arms!  Of course I was not dressed for the atmosphere, but they welcomed me "with open arms".

I had a delightful time and day dreamed that I was in England the whole time!  Yes I did!  My mother played right along with me and even offered to throw in some English Slang... Then she saw someone she knew and she reverted back to Genteel Southern Lady.

You can get Fish Tacos, Hummus, Calamari, Smoked Chicken Wings, Blue Cheese Chips and Pub Fries.  Or you can order a salad and top it off with a beer.  (I did not participate in the spirits from the bar)  I had the Sparkling Mineral Water.

If you are in the area, heading to the airport, leave early enough to get there.  Keep in mind they are not open on Saturday and Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment